Dream Merger‎ > ‎Announcements‎ > ‎

Site's technical difficulties

posted Aug 9, 2009, 11:21 AM by Thu Koelling
Yesterday afternoon, I discovered that dreammerger.com was pointing to Dreamhost's server instead of Google Sites where our content is actually stored. Since we had no content at DH, visitors would see a mostly empty index listing. I apologize for that, though I'm not sure what happened and when it occurred. I was able to fix it when I discovered the error, but since DNS propagation can take a while, I figured out how a workaround which will help in the future if this were to happen again. I set up an .htaccess file to redirect to the long url of our site. Hopefully, this doesn't happen again.
Comments